Recipe: Eggplant Parmesan
This is the best low carbohydrate recipe for eggplant parmesan. The key is to roast the eggplant slices with a mist of coconut oil and salt, instead of breading and frying. This recipe can take a bit longer, depending if; you make your own sauce versus buying store bought, grate your own cheese versus buying already grated, or if you have a handy slicer gadget for the eggplant instead of cutting by hand. However you do it, this recipe is sure to please.
|1. Start by peeling an eggplant, the cut into uniform slices. This is where a mandolin style gadget can save time, and give you very uniform slices.
2. Spray a cookie sheet with coconut oil, then evenly distribute the slices onto the sheet. Spray a light, uniform coating of coconut oil on the eggplant slices, then sprinkle some salt (to taste)
3. Roast for 10 minutes at 350F, until the eggplant slices are slightly brown and soft
|4. Coat the bottom of a shallow xx by xx glass roasting pan with coconut oil
5. Spread a thin layer (to taste) of tomato sauce, then add a layer of eggplant slices. Do not overlap the eggplant.
6. Spread a layer of grated cheese on top of the eggplant.
7. Now repeat the process starting with a layer of tomato sauce, then eggplant, then cheese, until you have either used up your eggplant, or the roasting pan is full. Do not over fill and finish with a layer of tomato sauce.
|8. Bake for 30 minutes at 325F
9. Immediately sprinkle a final layer of cheese on top so it will melt from the retained heat.
10. Wait a few minutes, then enjoy!